Dubai reopens (May 27, 2020) most of the trade activities that had been shut down as a precautionary measure against the spread of Covid-19.
A strict hygiene protocol has been spelt out as the emirate reopens leisure venues like cinemas and recreational venues like Dubai Dolphinarium, among others. Social distancing norms shall be strictly followed while people pay their visit to attractions.
What is reopening?
- Movie theatres with social distancing and around-the-clock sterilisation enforced.
- Leisure and entertainment destinations, like The Dubai Mall Ice Rink and Dubai Dolphinarium.
- Sports academies, indoor gyms, fitness and health clubs.
- Retail and wholesale stores.
- Airport - to be operational for the return of UAE residents and transit travellers to other destinations.
- Clinics, including ENT, to reopen; the scope of services to include surgeries that take two-and-a-half hours or less.
- Academic and coaching institutes, children's training and therapy centres.
Rules to be followed
- Children under 12, people over 60 and those with chronic diseases are not allowed to enter shopping centres, cinemas, gyms, etc.
- All businesses authorised to operate should abide by the new sanitization timings (11 pm to 6 am)
- Wearing a mask for everybody is mandatory at all times.
- Everyone should stay at a distance of 2 metres to maintain social distance.
- All passengers arriving in the country should adhere to a 14-day quarantine.
- Sterilisation must continuously be carried out and only single-use utensils are allowed.
Dubai's Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management decided after a comprehensive assessment of its reports, various health and sociol-economic aspects and a thorough review of the Covid-19 situation. International guidelines for coexisting with Covid-19 were also taken into consideration before making the decision.
Other Popular UAE News:
- Visit Dubai Attractions from Home Now - Dubai360
- All You Need to Know about Covid-19 while Travelling
Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of The Executive Council, stressed on the need for Dubai authorities to further raise community awareness on precautionary measures. He called on residents to understand the significance of strictly following preventive steps. Fully adhering to guidelines is a vital key to restoring normal life, he said.
The emirate has enhanced its hospital capacity by joining hands with the private sector and setting up a fully equipped field hospital at the Dubai World Trade Centre, which can accommodate up to 3,000 beds. A field hospital at Dubai Parks and Resorts can accommodate up to 1,200 patients.
Also read: How to protect yourself while travelling?
Note: As per the instructions received from Federal Authority of Identity and Citizenship, the dubai visa services for all foreign nationals are temporarily suspended. But if you are planning a trip to Dubai with your family or friends, you can register with our discounted Dubai Visa membership and apply dubai visa for lifetime.